Added more photos on the media page. Check it out!
Be a part of the largest Vietnamese festival on the East Coast!
Planning for VietFest 2013 is in full swing! We hope you are as excited as we are because VietFest will be bigger and better than last year! VietFest would not be possible without the dedication of our supporters and volunteers. With a large event such as VietFest, NOVAL is in need of reliable people who believe in our mission of preserving our Vietnamese culture, promoting leadership, and empowering the Vietnamese community.
VietFest 2013 will take place on Saturday (10am-10pm) and Sunday (11am-6pm) August 24-25, 2013 at Landmark Mall in Alexandria, VA. The event will include entertainment, pageantry, foods, games and carnivals for both children and adults, and many more.
As volunteers, you will be provided with:
- Free admission for both days
- A free t-shirt
- A meal ticket and drinks
- Access to NOVAL tent
- An invitation to NOVAL's appreciation party
The requirements to volunteer are:
- Volunteers must be +15 years old. Volunteers must read and agree to the Volunteer Waiver of Liability. If you are under 18 years old, please have your parent sign-up on your behalf and indicate so with your name in the "Comment" box on the SignUpGenius website below.
- Volunteers are required to attend at least one Mandatory Orientation Meeting one week prior to the event.
- Volunteers are required to check-in 30 minutes before the volunteering time.
Please keep in mind that you may be asked to do other tasks if more help is needed elsewhere.
Brief description of each volunteering position:
- Decorating/Set-up - Decorate festival site, stage, etc. Set up tents, tables, lightings, posters, etc.
- Entrance Table - Sell tickets, manage guest admission, etc.
- Information Booth - Direct guests and volunteers, provide information about NOVAL, etc.
- Carnival - Manage games, sell cotton candy, etc.
- Normal Operations - Security, traffic, maintenance, miscellaneous, etc.
- Clean-up - Take down tents, tables, lightings, etc.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering your time to help out. Please bring a family or friend to join!
Follow the link below to VOLUNTEER NOW!